Sunday, October 16, 2011

Welcome to my Latest Attempt

Okay, so I’m a bit of a haphazard blogger. This is for two reasons.

  1. As an English teacher, I feel like I need to organize my life thematically. So, therefore, I need to organize my blog-life thematically too. When I started blogging years ago, it didn’t really have a “theme”. Well, it did, but the theme was just – me. Which is a nice enough theme, perhaps, but a broad theme, to say the least. Then, when I took a year and a half off to just be at home with my two kids, I tried starting another blog, more topically centered on my life as a domestic diva. I discovered this type of life is more exhausting and creatively draining than I first imagined, not to mention quite boring to write about (no offence to Mom bloggers out there! Just – boring for me to write about). Not that I didn’t LOVE living it. My time home with my two kiddies was absolutely amazing – I wouldn’t trade that experience for anything. I was just lousy at putting it into words.

  2. I’m also a fairly lazy blogger, paired with being a fairly busy individual. These two things don’t make for a very reliable blog.But, seeing as I’ve embarked yet again in a new stage – that is, an old stage (teaching) at a new stage (a thirty-something mother of two) which makes the whole stage feel familiarly new – I thought I’d start my third attempt at keeping a blog. I know, I know - this is a fairly odd time to start one. One, because I’m so very busy already and Two – because I think regular blogging is fairly passé (don’t most people video blog these days?) But I thought I’d do it anyway, simply because I feel like it.

So, here it is. My newest blog. And, in the spirit of thematic organization, I’m going to focus on navigating my life as a high school English teacher. I’m not sure if anyone’s interested in my musings, but I’ll put them into words here for you nevertheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment