Sunday, October 23, 2011

Cold Coffee

45 seconds. Start.

This is me reheating my coffee for the 4th time this afternoon. Yup, 4th. I remember when I used to detest the idea of reheating coffee even once. Ideologically, I still do. Microwaved coffee is somewhat disgusting.

But we have a Tassamo now. And Tassamo discs are getting more expensive each week. ("Suckers", Tassamo company execs and marketing folks everywhere are saying, as they rub their hands together in gleeful anticipation - their evil plan of of tricking consumers into buying their reasonably priced appliance and discs, only to jack the disc price once we're hooked, has come to fruition at last) - And so, being the hard working mother of two who realizes the value of a dollar, especially when bills are overdue, I'm reluctant to dump my cold cup of coffee and brew fresh. I'm also not drinking it as quickly because I"m multitasking right now. (playing ponies, marking papers, blogging, Facebooking, and periodically yelling at my Boxer-Mastiff, who has been merrily digging holes in the backyard all day, with blatant disregard for the fact that the husband will be displeased with me for letting her).

So, I reheat this coffee. Not great, but it will do. One day, maybe I'll be better at budgeting, so I won't need to mic it. OR maybe I'll do away with this money-sucking yet awesomely convenient piece of equipment. Or maybe I'll give up coffee.

Or maybe I'll just start drinking my coffee a little quicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment