Tuesday, October 18, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like...

Okay, so no – it’s not exactly the Christmas season yet. Here in Canada, we’ve already had our Thanksgiving, but Halloween’s still coming up, and we’re a good two months away from Christmas. I mean, everyone agrees - even most of the store flyers, by the way – that it’s way too early to start thinking about Christmas. My four year old told me, when I asked what she thought she wanted for Christmas this year, “Mommy, I don’t know. Christmas is still too far away”. Yes, yes it is.

But somehow, I can’t seem to convince my oh-so-easily distracted mind of that fact. I find myself making Christmas lists when I should be marking tests, and browsing sale flyers instead of planning lessons. I catch myself looking wistfully out of my classroom window, wondering when the first snow will fall. I’m counting down the days until November 1st, when I’ll start creating my Christmas playlist for my Ipod.

I’m obsessed with all things Christmas. And I find it very hard to focus on work as the joyous Christmas season approaches and as every breath of cold fall air brings us closer to winter – and as we know, winter carries Christmas on its beautiful white metaphorical wings. And I can’t wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment