Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Stop! NaNoWriMo Time

So, if you haven't noticed by now, I've been neglecting this blog. I haven't been forgetful, nor run out of things to say. But, it's November.

I know for most of you, November is Mo-vember, or mustache month. But it ALSO happens to be NaNoWriMo: National Novel Writing Month. It's a 30 day challenge to write a 50 000 word novel.  The focus is on quantity rather than quality; an exercise intended to encourage writers to take risks, to experiment freely, and to simply WRITE, without getting bogged down with careful planning or meticulous self-reflection. The more writing, the better. As an English teacher, I challenged my students to try it out. As so I took the challenge myself.

I'm on 14 717. I hope to reach fifteen thousand words tonight. I'm on track though. It's a super fun activity, and I both HATE my story (so cliche!) and LOVE it (sooo fun to write!)

So, that's where I've been, and will mostly be for the remainder of November. I'm also, of course, trying to catch up on my marking in time for midterm reports, which need to be in my Wednesday!

Oh, and it's now snow-covered here. It really IS beginning to feel a lot like Christmas. And I LOVE it!

No comments:

Post a Comment